We want you to get the most our of your door glass insert, frame, Brisa Screen, Add-On Blinds, and other Zabitat products for years to come. To do so, there are some quick and easy things you can do with your products to help keep them in tip-top shape. Below you will find information on how you can best care and maintain the high quality performance from our products.
Cleaning: Use a soft cloth and either a mild detergent with water or any glass cleaning solution.
The decorative door glass designs we feature use handcrafted glass in a variety of textures to create dimension, depth, contrast, and privacy while allowing natural light to enter the home. The beauty of handcrafted glass is that every piece is different—slight bubbles, lines, and surface imperfections are all unique characteristics of handcrafted glass and are not considered defects.
Add-On Blinds are enclosed behind tempered safety glass, which means they will never need dusting. And less dust reduces exposure to allergens.
Prior to installation we recommend that you clean the glass surfaces of the Add-On-Blind unit and your existing door glass with a soft cloth and either mild detergent with water or a glass cleaning solution.
To maintain your Retractable Screen, we suggest keeping the screen tracks clean and lubricated with furniture polish or WD-40. Once a year, you should check the track screws to make sure they are secure. NOTE: Do not operate the screen during freezing temperatures.
If your screen is not retracting properly:
1. Check to make sure that the top track is not causing any binding of the screen handle. If you do have binding, make sure that you installed the top track per the installation instructions. Remember, you do not want to use a square or level for positioning your top track.
2. Make sure tracks are clean and free from any debris that could cause the screen handle to slow down.
3. Check track screws to make sure that they are secure, but not too tight. Track screws that are installed too tightly can cause the track to twist, which in turn can cause the handle to bind.
4. Apply a lubricant such as furniture polish or WD-40 to the tracks regularly.
If required, Replacement Screens are available for each size.
Impact Resistant Frame
The Impact Resistant door glass frame kit features an aluminum frame with a white powder coated finish. Use touch-up paint to cover small scratches or nicks. Latex or water-based paint is not recommended.
It may be necessary to remove high gloss with a light abrasive pad or a very fine grit paper. Follow paint manufacturer’s instructions.
High Performance White Frame
White frames are the perfect solution for a durable, maintenance-free frame that does not require painting. It will not yellow over time and when unpainted, will not warp behind a storm door.
If you desire to paint the frame around your door glass, we recommend that you purchase the Premium Paint- and Stain-ready Tan Frame. However, if you choose to paint a White frame:
1. For increased paint adhesion use adhesion promoting primer made for use with polypropylene.
2. Finish with an exterior grade acrylic latex paint. CAUTION – Apply paint in a well-ventilated area and follow all paint manufacturer’s cautions, warnings and instructions.